Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 12: November 12, 2013

First Fire of the Season

I am grateful to live in an area where I can experience all four seasons.  Now sometimes I am not thrilled to experience all of them within a 24-hour period (which is possible here in the Midwest)... but I do enjoy the change every three months:  the budding of trees in the spring, bringing hope in the form of rebirth; the warmth of the summer that lends itself to some much needed R&R; the color-filled autumn seen not only in nature but in the our cozy clothing; and finally the snowy winter months that magically transform a bleak landscape to one of sparkling purity.

Yesterday morning we awoke to temperatures in the mid-50s and a gusty breeze.  This morning, the official thermometer read 17 degrees with a wind chill of 7!  Now if it is going to be that cold, I would love to have a  few flakes floating in the air, but I know that is coming.

In the meantime, I will light a fire, snuggle with the puppies, and sip a hot beverage.  This won't last long... it is supposed to be 60 degrees by the weekend ... *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment